How to Report Bugs
This section described the process for submitting a bug report and how to get assistance.
Before Submitting a Bug Report
Before submitting a bug report, please try and verify that what you're encountering is truly a bug and has not been previously reported:
- Check the online manual at https://docs.kumomta.com. The manual is updated frequently and contains the latest information on the proper use of KumoMTA. The Changelog helps identify any issues that may be solved by updating to a more recent release of KumoMTA.
- Check the issues list at https://github.com/KumoCorp/kumomta/issues to see if the bug you've identified has already been reported.
The Issue tracker is not a support channel. Any issues submitted that are questions and not bug reports will be summarily closed. See below for information on getting help.
Submitting a Bug Report
If you think you have found a previously unreported bug, visit https://github.com/KumoCorp/kumomta/issues/new/choose and follow the instructions on the page.
If you submit an issue, please keep the following in mind:
- Be sure to include all of the information requested by the form.
- Remember that the fastest path to resolution is to prevent any back-and-forth with the developers to gather further information. We can always act on an issue report with too much detail, but not one with too little.
- If possible, download and install the latest release of KumoMTA and check whether it solves your problem. All official KumoMTA releases are thoroughly tested and should work without issue. We strive to maintain backward compatibility, allowing you to switch versions of KumoMTA without issue.